All of the Educators at our Centre have training and experience in areas of early childhood education. Due to the high standard and commitment of our Educators, we are able to provide developmental and educational programs for all children.
Children need a variety of experiences to develop to their full potential. Your child will be provided with a range of interest based activities such as painting, building, craft, music, movement, stories, language, messy, water, sand and free play. These activities will assist your child learn new skills or to practice old ones.
The Curriculum we provide here at Jigsaw Childcare is an emergent curriculum which is based on the Early Years Learning Framework. The Framework‘s vision is for all children to experience play-based learning that is engaging and builds success for life. The Educators here at Jigsaw Childcare use the Framework in partnership with families who are the children’s first and most influential Educators, to develop learning programs responsive to children’s ideas, interests, strengths and abilities, and recognise that children learn through their play.
The Early Years Learning Framework describes childhood as a time of Belonging, Being and Becoming.
- Belonging is the basis for living a fulfilling life. Children feel they belong because of the relationships they have with their family, community, culture and place.
- Being is about living here and now. Childhood is a special time in life and children need time to just ‘be’—time to play, try new things and have fun.
- Becoming is about the learning and development that young children experience. Children start to form their sense of identity from an early age, which shapes the type of adult they will become.
Educators ensure the curriculum in each room:
- reflects the needs of all children as individuals and within groups
- fosters the development of the whole child incorporating:
- the creative child
- the thinking child
- the physical child
- the social child
- the feeling child
- the spiritual and moral child
- the communicating child
- sense of self child
- reflects the uniqueness of the Centre
- is open and diverse
- provides choices
- supports the development of trusting relationships
- encourages respect and empathy for others
- ultimately leads to growth and learning
To extend children’s learning we offer special programs including the Bonkers Beat Music Program and Yoga and Wellbeing program.
At Jigsaw Childcare we record information and observations that are designed to not only keep you informed, but to further extend on your child’s abilities, interests and strengths. Regular documented learning is provided in the form of:
- Reflection journals
- Group and Individual observations
- Developmental portfolios
- Half yearly developmental summaries
- Group/wall displays
- Weekly Snapshots
Jigsaw Childcare offers a 4 year old kindergarten program for children in the year before they commence Prep. This is led by our highly professional Bachelor Trained Kindergarten Teacher and provides every opportunity to prepare your child for a positive start to their schooling years. Here our educators strike a balance between child-initiated and teacher-led activities. To be eligible for these programs children need to turn 4 years old on, or before April 30th in that year. Our kindergarten program operates every day between 9am and 5pm and provides for the recommended minimum of 15 hours per child (for those that attend 2 or more days). Normal long day care programs and routines operate outside the kindergarten hours.